What is an eVisa to Zimbabwe
The Zimbabwe eVisa is an online visa that the Government of Zimbabwe introduced with the aim of speeding up the entire procedure of getting a visa.
There are three available types of Zimbabwean electronic visas, including a single-entry visa, a double-entry visa, and a multiple-entry KAZA UNIVISA.
Both single and double-entry online visas can have either a 30 or 90-day validity period (depending on the traveling purpose), while the KAZA UNIVISA remains valid for 30 days and entitles its holder to visit both Zimbabwe and Zambia.
Before starting your Zimbabwe eVisa online application, make sure that your country is eligible. Applying for a visa online will help you to save plenty of time since you will avoid the need to visit the nearest embassy or consulate to collect a visa in person.
Choose the one type of Zimbabwe electronic visa that best covers your traveling needs and apply online from the comfort of your home.
To complete your online application you will need to fill out the short online form, cover the processing fee (69, 89, or 99 Euro) and receive the approved document delivered directly to your email inbox.
Zimbabwe eVisa types
The Government of Zimbabwe introduced three types of electronic visas, which differ in terms of the service fee as well as the validity period. You can choose between the following ones:
- a single-entry eVisa: one-entry visa with a 3-month validity for tourism purposes and 1-month validity if used for business-related purposes;
- a double-entry eVisa: a visa enabling entering Zimbabwe twice throughout a 3-month validity period if issued for tourism purposes, while when used for business, it stays effective for 30 days;
- a KAZA UNIVISA: this type of eVisa is an ideal option for those who would like to apply for a multiple-entry permit and apart from Zimbabwe they also wish to visit Zambia; the KAZA electronic visa remains effective for 30 days and entitles to numerous entries to Zimbabwe and Zambia.
All the abovelisted types of Zimbabwe eVisas cover the purposes of leisure, business, and transit, as well as attending business meetings, conferences, seminars, or workshops.
Zimbabwe eVisa requirements
All citizens whose nationality is included on the list of countries eligible for Zimbabwe eVisa need to hold a passport valid for at least 180 days from the date they plan to enter Zimbabwe.
Additionally, applicants whose nationality is marked with ‘*’ will be asked to provide a few additional documents, including:
- a bio-data passport page digital copy
- applicant’s face photo
- residence proof issued by the country of origin
If your traveling purpose is related to tourism, you will also be asked to attach:
- hotel booking proof
If you travel to Zimbabwe for business-related purposes, you will need to provide:
- an invitation letter issued by your company
- an invitation letter issued by the Zimbabwean company you plan to work with
Zimbabwe eVisa application form
Firstly, make sure that you have gathered all the documents needed including your valid passport and supporting documents (if applicable). Ensure also that your passport will remain valid for at least 6 months beyond your planned date of arrival in Zimbabwe. Next, go to the application panel and follow just three steps left:
- Fill out the online form: enter all required details, such as your personal data, travel-related information, passport details, contact information, etc. and upload copies of necessary documents.
- Cover the processing fee: choose one of the available methods of online payment and pay the fee which may differ depending on the selected visa type (69, 89, or 99 Euro).
- Refresh your email inbox: go to your email address and make sure that the confirmation email has been delivered to you; the approved Zimbabwe eVisa will also be sent to you via email once processed.
Should you encounter any problem at any stage of your online application, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email, phone, or contact form.
Zimbabwe eVisa validity
Since there are three different types of electronic visas to Zimbabwe, their validity period differs depending on the selected visa type and can be as follows:
- one-entry and double-entry visas: both visa types stay effective for 3 months (90 days) from the date of issue when used for tourism-related activities; if one travels to Zimbabwe for business-related purposes, the visa will remain valid for 1 month (30 days);
- KAZA UNIVISA: a multiple-entry visa enabling visiting both Zimbabwe and Zambia; the visa remains effective for 30 days from the date of issue.
Note: Please bear in mind that your passport cannot expire for at least 180 days from the date of your intended arrival in Zimbabwe.
Who needs an eVisa to Zimbabwe – list of eligible countries
Below, you will find the complete list of countries whose citizens can apply for an eVisa to Zimbabwe.
- American Samoa
- Anguilla (UK)*
- Bermuda (UK)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
- Burkina Faso*
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic*
- Cook Islands (UK)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor*
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea*
- French Guiana (FR)
- French Polynesia (FR)
- Gibraltar (UK)
- Guadeloupe (FR)
- Guam (US)
- Ivory Coast*
- Macau (SAR)
- Marshall Islands
- Martinique (FR)
- Myanmar (Burma)*
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Palestinian Territories
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico (US)
- Reunion (FR)
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia*
- Sierra Leone*
- South Sudan*
- Sri Lanka*
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
*Nationalities marked with an ‘*’ will need to upload a few additional documents described in detail in the ‘Required Documents’ section.
Every person who plans only to transit through Zimbabwe on their way to another country does need to hold a valid transit visa.
Check your eVisa eligibility and apply for a transit online visa a few days before the planned transit stop in Zimbabwe.
Important: Please bear in mind that in the event you will not be leaving the airport’s transit zone, you do not need to have a visa.
When will I receive my eVisa to Zimbabwe?
As soon as the Zimbabwean Government approves your eVisa application, you will receive an email notification. Make sure to double-check your application form so that no corrections, which could extend your waiting time, will be necessary.
Do I need to print the Zimbabwe eVisa?
Yes. Once you receive your Zimbabwe eVisa email confirmation, make sure to print out your visa. Also, do remember to take its printed copy for your trip to Zimbabwe.
What if my eVisa to Zimbabwe is not approved?
Should you receive a Zimbabwe eVisa rejection, make sure to check if all the details provided in your online form are error-free and whether you uploaded all the required documents. Next, contact our support team immediately to discuss your issue.
How long can I stay in Zimbabwe with my eVisa?
As a holder of a valid Zimbabwean visa, you are entitled to stay in Zimbabwe either for 30 or 90 days. The length of permitted stay varies according to the selected visa type and the purpose of your visit.
What is the validity of the Zimbabwe eVisa?
Depending on the selected type, Zimbabwe eVisa may be valid either for a 90-day or 30-day period.
Do children need an eVisa to Zimbabwe?
Yes. A separate online visa must be held by every eligible traveler entering Zimbabwe, regardless of their age. Parents or legal guardians should remember to apply for a visa on behalf of every underage traveler.
What must I have to apply for the Zimbabwe eVisa?
Most nationalities simply need to hold a valid passport whose validity will extend 6 months beyond planned entry to Zimbabwe. Also, there are some additional documents that may be required depending on your traveling purpose and nationality (see countries marked with ‘*’ on the list of eligible countries).
What is the processing time for the Zimbabwe eVisa?
Applicants should remember to submit the Zimbabwe eVisa application at least 3 business days prior to the planned trip. The processing time may take up to a few days and is at the total discretion of the Zimbabwean Government. Submitting the online form with correct details and uploading all required documents may maximize the chances for quick visa approval.