What is Bahrain eVisa?
Bahrain eVisa is an online visa that the Kingdom of Bahrain implemented in 2014 to enable citizens of eligible countries to obtain a visa for short-term tourism or business-related purposes without embassy visits.
he Bahrain online visa can be obtained either as a single-entry or multiple-entry visa for a stay from 14 to 90 days.
An applicant needs to fill out the short online form, cover the processing fee (which differ depending on the selected visa type) and receive the approved document delivered straight to the email inbox. The issued eVisa will be digitally matched to the applicant’s passport.
Types of Bahrain eVisa
Bahrain offers three different types of eVisa that all serve the purpose of business or tourism. The available visas include:
- a single-entry Bahrain eVisa: a one-enty visa issued for a 14-day stay; the processing fee is 69 Euro;
- a multiple-entry Bahrain eVisa: a visa enabling numerous entries to Bahrain and stay of up to 30 days; the visa remains valid for 3 months from the entry date to Bahrain; the service fee is 109 Euo;
- a multiple-entry Bahrain eVisa: a visa allowing numerous entries to Bahrain and staying there for up to 90 days each time; the validity period is one year from the date of arrival in Bahrain; first entry must occur within 90 days from the issue date; the processing fee is 249 Euro.
Who needs an eVisa to Bahrain?
If you are a citizen of one of the eVisa eligible countries, you do need to obtain an electronic visa before entering Bahrain.
Remember that the Bahrain eVisa covers the purposes of business, leisure, or transit. For any other purposes, you will need to apply for a regular visa directly at the Bahrain embassy or consulate.
Bahrain eVisa requirements
The Bahrain eVisa applicant needs to prepare the following documents:
- a digital copy of bio-data passport page
- a digital copy of onward/return ticket
Mos travelers need only the abovelisted two document to complete the Bahrain online visa application. Nevertheless, Indian citizens and certain nationals of a few countries must provide some additional documents. The countries that require supporting documents were marked with *** or ** in the list of eligible countries.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIAN CITIZENS
An applicant from India must additionally provide a copy of the passport photo page as well as the passport last page copy.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COUNTRIES MARKED ***
Among the additionals documents to upload are:
- hotel booking proof
- copy of the relative’s CPR Reader’s printout (oly if staying with a relative)
REQUIREMENTS FOR COUNTRIES MARKED **
The supporting documents include:
- a stamped bank statement under the applicant’s name (copy) with the cover of the last 3 months with a current balance at least of BD 300 (USD 800).
REQUIREMENTS FOR GCC VISA HOLDERS
All foreigners residing in GCC countries apart from the bio-data passport page copy and a copy of onward/return ticket must provide the copy of a resident card of one of the GCC country.
Bahrain eVisa application form
Start by choosing one type of Bahrain eVisa that best matches your traveling needs and then go to the application pannel. Next, follow these three steps left:
- Fill out the online form: provide the necessary details including your personal data, contact information and travel-related details.
- Pay the processing fee: choose one of the available methods of online payment and cover the fee (69, 109, or 249 Euro), which differs depending on the selected visa type.
- Check your email: after making the payment, go to your email address and check whether the confirmation message has already been there. Your electronic visa will also arrive straigh into your email inbox as soon as it is approved.
Bahrain eVisa validity
Bahrain eVisa validity differs between the types of the selected permit:
- single-entry visa for a 14-day stay: remains valid for 30 days from the date of issue;
- multiple-entry visa for 90-day stays (in total): remains valid for 90 days after the date of first entry to Bahrain;
- multiple-entry visa for 90-day stays (each time): effective for one year from the first entry to Bahrain.
List of eligible countries
Check the below list to ensure whether you may apply for Bahrain eVisa online:
- Anguilla (UK)**
- Antigua and Barbuda**
- Aruba (NL)**
- British Virgin Islands (UK)
- Caribbean Netherlands (NL)**
- Cayman Islands (UK)**
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)**
- Curaçao (NL)**
- Czech Republic*
- Dominican Republic**
- Falkland Islands (Malvinas) (UK)**
- Faroe Islands (DK)**
- French Guiana (FR)**
- Guadeloupe (FR)**
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man (UK)**
- Isle of Wight (UK)**
- Korea, South
- Martinique (FR)**
- Montserrat (UK)**
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico (US)**
- Russian Federation
- Saint Barthelemy (FR)**
- Saint Kitts and Nevis**
- Saint Lucia**
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines**
- San Marino
- Sint Maarten (FR/NL)**
- South Africa**
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands (UK)**
- U.S. Virgin Islands (US)**
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Holders of citizenship not mentioned on the above list must apply for a visa for Bahrain in a traditional way. For this purpose, it will be necessary to contact the nearest Embassy of Bahrain.
Bahrain eVisa is necessary even if you plan just transit through Bahrain on your way to another destination. Make sure to apply for a visa in advance of your planned transit.
The only exception when a transit passenger doesn’t need to hold a visa applies to nationals of Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, or the UAE.
When will I receive my eVisa to Bahrain?
Your electronic visa to Bahrain will be sent to you via email as soon as approved. It may take up to a few days, while most often, our applicants receive the approved Bahrain visas within several hours. Submit the application form with correct information to ensure quick processing of your visa.
Do I need to print a Bahrain eVisa?
Yes. Although the electronic visa is digitally assigned to the passport used during the online application, an applicant should print it out and take its physical copy for a trip to Bahrain. The document may be checked by the border officials so be ready to present it when asked.
What if my Bahrain eVisa is not approved?
In case your eVisa to Bahrain couldn’t have been processed, contact our visa team immediately to discuss your situation. Our consultants will do their best to find the solution to your problem and link you with your eVisa on time.
How long can I stay in Bahrain with an eVisa?
There are three various types of visas for Bahrain available in the online form. Depending on the selected type, the Bahrain eVisa holder can stay in Bahrain from 14 up to 90 days.
What is the validity of Bahrain eVisa?
Since there are three types of Bahrain eVisa, they also differ in terms of validity period and can stay effective for either one, three, or twelve months. Overstaying the visa may result in fines, deportation, or ban on the future entry to the country. Therefore, remember to exit Bahrain before your eVisa epxires.
Do children need an eVisa to Bahrain?
Yes! Since children cannot apply for a visa on their own, the separate visa application must be made by a parent or legal guardian of the underage traveler going to Bahrain.
What must I have to apply for a Bahrain eVisa?
n most cases, a valid passport, and onward/return ticket are the only documents necessary for the online application. However, there are certain countries whose nationals are asked to upload a few supporting documents. Check the ‘Bahrain eVisa requirements’ section for more details.
What is the processing time for a Bahrain eVisa?
The processing time for an eVisa to Bahrain is an individual issue for every submitted application and may take from several hours up to a few days. It is the traveler’s nationality, correctness of submitted online form, as well as the time of application, which determine the waiting time.